Please review the terms, conditions, and notices set forth below. Your purchase of travel components constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions, and notices.
General Terms and Conditions
- Travelers Advantage may cancel the booking in the event of non-payment or payment dispute and standard penalties imposed by the applicable airline, hotel, car rental, activity, cruise or tour provider (each, a "Supplier" and collectively "Suppliers"), up to the full amount of each ticket/reservation, will be applied.
- All bookings made by Travelers Advantage shall comply with all applicable U.S. laws, rules and regulations including, without limitation, sanctions issued by the Office of Foreign Assets Control. Such sanctions may prevent Travelers Advantage from offering travel to specific destinations or individuals. To assist Travelers Advantage with its compliance with laws, rules and regulations, Travelers Advantage may ask you for additional information. Any booking made, or in good faith believed to be made, in violation of U.S. law, will be cancelled by Travelers Advantage, in its sole discretion, with no liability to you other than to issue a refund, if permitted by law.
- CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES. Reservations are subject to the rules of each Supplier on your itinerary; some reservations cannot be cancelled, other reservations may incur Supplier fees to cancel or change. Refunds, if permitted, may take up to 90 days to process and are subject to the policies of the individual Supplier. All refund requests must be submitted within 30 days after the scheduled departure date and any negotiable documents (i.e. airline tickets, redeemable certificates or vouchers, etc.) issued must be returned to Travelers Advantage prior to processing any refund.
General Travel Information
- Government issued photo identification is required at check in and must match the name on the reservation for all travel. If this is an international trip, you will need a Passport and you may need a Visa and you may need to satisfy certain health requirements. Passports usually need to be valid for a specified period of time (such as six months) after your scheduled return date. For foreign entry requirements, go to travel.state.gov/travel or contact the embassy/consulate of the country to which you are travelling, including layover and stopover destinations, to determine entry documentation and other requirements, such as immunizations that you must satisfy, including return entry into the country from which you departed. It is your responsibility to obtain proper travel identification and satisfy all requirements for each location on your itinerary, including layover and stopover destinations. Carriers cannot board any passenger who fails to carry required documents. Some carriers may require you to show the credit card used as payment for your ticket(s).
- Travel Services is not responsible for any lost or damaged luggage.
- Certain rate types do not permit credit for airline frequent flyer programs or car or hotel loyalty programs.
- Federal law forbids the carriage of hazardous materials aboard aircraft in your luggage or on your person. A violation can result in five years' imprisonment and penalties of $250.000 USD or more (49 U.S.C. 5124). Hazardous materials include explosives, compressed gases, flammable liquids and solids, oxidizers, poisons, corrosives and radioactive materials. Examples: Paints, lighter fluid, fireworks, tear gases, oxygen bottles, and radio-pharmaceuticals.
- Minors under the age of 18 who are traveling with only one parent may be required to have additional documentation. Please contact your airline or the embassy/consulate of the country from which you are departing and the country to which you are traveling for additional information.
- Travelers Advantage has no special knowledge regarding the suitability for disabled persons for any travel itinerary. Travelers Advantage also has no special knowledge regarding unsafe conditions, health hazards, weather hazards, or climate extremes at locations to which you may travel.
- For information concerning possible dangers at international destinations, Travelers Advantage recommends contacting the Travel Advisory Section of the U.S. State Department at 202-647-5225.
- For medical information, Travelers Advantage recommends contacting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at 800-232-4636. For foreign health requirements and dangers, go to http://www.cdc.gov/travel.
- Travel reservations are subject to the rules of each Supplier on your itinerary. The information and descriptions given about the Suppliers are believed to be accurate, but Travelers Advantage makes no warranty or representation regarding the information and descriptions.
- The passenger's ticket(s), when issued, or the electronic reservation, shall constitute the sole contract between the Supplier and the purchaser and/or passenger. Travelers Advantage shall have no liability for any actions or omissions of the Supplier.
- Travelers Advantage shall have no responsibility for any credit or voucher issued by any Supplier, and any questions or issues you may have with respect to such credit or voucher must be addressed directly with the Supplier.
- Special requests made to a Supplier are on a request only basis and cannot be guaranteed. Fees, taxes and charges may apply, depending on the service request.
- Upgrades are not permitted on certain itineraries. Please check with the Supplier directly.
- Supplier policies are subject to change at any time without notice.
- Travelers Advantage is not responsible for any lost or damaged luggage.
- Certain rate types do not permit credit for airline frequent flyer programs or car or hotel loyalty programs.
- Vacation protection insurance is available for purchase for most travel itineraries.
- Federal law forbids the carriage of hazardous materials aboard aircraft in your luggage or on your person. A violation can result in five years' imprisonment and penalties of $250,000 or more (49 U.S.C. 5124). Hazardous materials include explosives, compressed gases, flammable liquids and solids, oxidizers, poisons, corrosives and radioactive materials. Examples: Paints, lighter fluid, fireworks, tear gases, oxygen bottles, and radio-pharmaceuticals.
- There are special exceptions for small quantities (up to 70 ounces total) of medicinal and toilet articles carried in your luggage and certain smoking materials carried on your person. For further information contact the airline directly.
- Baggage policies and fees, for carry on and checked baggage, vary by Supplier. Some Suppliers charge a fee for the first and/or second standard-sized checked bag. Please check with the Supplier for baggage charges, size limitations, weight and other restrictions. A list of air carriers and their fees for checked baggage can be found at www.tripcharges.com/baggagefees.asp.
- Government imposed departure or entry taxes may not be included in ticket taxes. Passengers should be prepared to pay these taxes in cash, in local currency, on location.
Airline Terms and Conditions
- Airline tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-CHANGEABLE unless permitted by the terms of the fare and, if permitted, are subject to airline rules, airline penalties up to the full amount of each ticket plus, in the case of a changed ticket, fare difference charges, and we may also charge you a processing fee of up to $50 per ticket. NOTE: If there is more than one carrier on your itinerary, airline rules, airline penalties and change fees may apply to EACH airline on your itinerary and each change made.
- A small number of air carriers may require Travelers Advantage to confirm flight availability when booking. If there is any issue with availability, a travel representative will contact you within 24 hours to make alternate flight arrangements at no additional cost.
- In some situations an airline may issue you a credit "in lieu of" a refund according to the fare rules associated with the individual booking. If a credit is issued by an airline, it is held by the airline in the name of the individual who was the passenger of record on the original reservation. This credit can be used towards the payment for the booking of a new trip under the following conditions:
If a refund or a credit is not issued by the Supplier, the canceled reservation will have no value for future use.
- The new reservation is in the name of the same passenger as the canceled booking;
- The new reservation is on the same airline as the original reservation;
- All travel associated with the new trip must be completed prior to the date specified by the airline which is determined by the fare rules of the original ticket and the original class of service;
- You are responsible to pay any exchange fees charged by the airline related to the making of a new reservation as well as any additional charges, fees or fare increase;
- Credit cannot be applied against an existing reservation.
- Airlines may impose additional costs and fees for baggage, meals, beverages and other services. These costs are your sole responsibility.
- Unused tickets contain no value if not canceled prior to scheduled departure date.
- Tickets cannot be reassigned or transferred to a different passenger or airline.
- Flight schedules are subject to change. Travelers Advantage is not responsible for any schedule change(s) or notifying you of such change(s). Please confirm the scheduled departure time at least 48 hours prior to departure for domestic flights and at least 72 hours prior to departure for international flights to learn if your flight schedule changed.
- Failure to use any reservations may result in automatic cancellation of all continuing and return reservations. You must advise your carrier if your travel plans change en route.
- Check with each airline regarding its specific boarding and check-in requirements. Airline flights may be overbooked, and there is a slight chance that a seat will not be available on a flight for which you have a confirmed reservation. If this occurs, the airline will make alternative arrangements for you.
- Turboprop aircraft may exist on your itinerary. Airlines reserve the right to change aircraft equipment without notice to the booking travel agency or the consumer.
- If a code-share flight exists in your itinerary (a flight where two or more airlines share the same flight), passengers must check in with the operating airline on day of departure.
- All tickets will be issued at time of booking as e-tickets, unless e-tickets are unavailable due to airline restrictions. If an e-ticket is unavailable, you may be charged a minimum of $14.95 for shipping and handling. All paper tickets will be shipped within 48 hours.
- If your paper ticket(s) is lost, stolen, or destroyed, contact Travelers Advantage immediately for details on how to process your claim. You may need to purchase a new ticket to travel while you are waiting for any permitted refund or credit. You remain responsible for payment due for the lost, stolen, or destroyed ticket(s) unless a refund or credit is issued by the carrier.
- Advance seat assignments, if available and allowed by airline, are not guaranteed. Please inquire with the airline about your boarding pass(es).
- Please go to http://www.dot.gov/office-policy/aviation-policy/aircraft-disinsection-requirements to learn about the use of insecticides in certain aircraft.
- For information regarding airline liability limitations, baggage liability and other regulations of by the Montreal Convention, and other regulations, please consult your air carrier.
Hotel Terms and Conditions
- Hotel rooms are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-CHANGEABLE unless permitted by the terms of the room/rate description. Check the terms carefully before making a hotel reservation for cancellation or change terms and fees. For rooms that are non-refundable, if you change or cancel your reservation at any time, you will still be charged the full reservation amount of room and tax for the entire stay.
- If permitted, cancellations or modifications received at any time are subject to the Supplier's cancellation polices and cancellation fees which could be up to the full amount of the reservation.
- More than 9 rooms booked at the same hotel during the same dates, even if all the dates are not identical, is not permitted. If we determine that you have booked reservations for more than 9 rooms in separate reservations, those reservations are subject to cancellation and will incur applicable cancellation fees in accordance with the rate description.
- Hotel room reservations cannot be transferred or reassigned to another traveler and cannot be resold. If we determine that you have transferred or re-sold a reservation, those reservations are subject to cancellation and will incur applicable cancellation fees in accordance with the rate description.
- No shows are non-refundable and will result in a forfeiture of all payments made and points used by you in connection with the reservation, without credit due. If you think you may arrive at a hotel late, please contact the hotel directly to arrange for late arrival, if available. Actual times for "late" vary by hotel.
- Early check-out from a hotel is not subject to a refund.
- Contact Travelers Advantage via the number listed on your itinerary for all cancellation or change requests. Cancellations or changes handled by the hotel directly may result in additional fees and/or the forfeiture of any refund due. When canceling hotel reservations, retain your cancellation number so you will not be held responsible for cancellation charges if you cancel within the permitted cancellation window and the hotel makes an error.
- Government issued photo identification is required at check-in and must match the name on the reservation. Some properties have a minimum age requirement for check-in.
- Policies for children vary by hotel. Please contact the hotel directly to learn whether child benefits are offered and whether there are child restrictions.
- Hotel reservations include room and applicable hotel taxes only. Any additional hotel charges, such as resort fees and hotel energy surcharges, and any charges for incidentals that you incur are not included in your reservation rate and must be paid directly to the hotel. Incidental charges may include but are not limited to parking fees, baby sitting, room service, telephone fees, internet usage fees, in-room movies, mini-bar charges, and gratuities.
- Due to hotel Supplier policies applicable to our preferred rates, your name may not be provided to the hotel until 24 hours prior to your arrival. Please contact Travelers Advantage directly for any special requests, such as bed type, smoking preferences or in-room amenities. Special requests are subject to hotel availability.
- The hotel may require a major credit card, in the name of one of the guests, or a cash deposit upon check-in.
- Reservations do not include services not specified in the reservation confirmation.
- A reasonable attempt will be made to notify guests of hotel renovation or refurbishment if Travelers Advantage knows of the same; however, Travelers Advantage shall not be liable for any failure to provide such notification or for damages that may result from renovation or refurbishment.
Car Rental Terms and Conditions
- Cancellations or modifications received at any time are subject to the Supplier's cancellation polices and cancellation fees which could be up to the full amount of the reservation.
- No shows are non-refundable and will result in a total forfeiture of any payments made and points used by you in connection with the reservation, without credit due.
- The early return of car rentals is not eligible for a refund.
- Any additional taxes, fees and surcharges are subject to change without notice, may vary by location, and may be charged to the customer at pick-up.
- Rental rates are based on 24 hour periods and may be subject to additional fees depending on time of return, including but not limited to hourly rental charges, which will be billed directly to you by the car rental company. Certain car rentals may have a minimum rental period. Any rentals less than the required minimum days may be charged the minimum rental period.
- Advance purchase car rental rates in the United States include unlimited mileage, taxes and fees. Car rental rates outside of the United States may not include unlimited mileage, taxes and fees and these will be assessed by the car rental location directly. Charges are billed directly by the car rental company and rates are subject to change.
- Charges for optional services such as insurance waivers, fuel, additional or underage drivers, and special equipment charges, are not included in your rental and must be paid directly to the car rental company.
- Travelers Advantage does not guarantee a specific make, model, or color of vehicle no matter what vehicle is reserved.
- Geographic and cross border restrictions may apply.
- Renters must meet the minimum (and maximum, if applicable) age requirement where the car is being rented, have a valid driver's license, major credit card and some Suppliers require a good driving record. Most rental car companies do not accept debit cards. Some Suppliers charge a surcharge for drivers above or below certain ages. Suppliers reserve the right to deny car rentals for any reason, including past driving records.
- Rentals outside the country in which you reside may require an international driver's license or compliance with other local requirements.
- One way rentals may or may not be permitted.
- Car rental redemptions may not be available for all locations and destinations.
- Local renters and renters driving out of state/country may be subject to additional restrictions.
- Car rental rates do not include Collision Damage Waiver insurance and Theft Protection unless specified. Please contact your insurance company if you are unsure whether to accept rental ¬car company insurance at the counter.
Activity Terms and Conditions
- Theater tickets, theme-park passes, and select sightseeing tours are non-refundable once booked.
- All other activities are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-CHANGEABLE unless permitted by the terms of the description. Check the terms carefully before making a reservation for cancellation terms or change fees. For activities that are non-refundable, if you change or cancel your reservation at any time, you will be charged the full reservation amount.
- If permitted, cancellations or modifications received at any time are subject to any Supplier fees.
- No shows are non-refundable and will result in forfeiture of all payments made and points used by you in connection with the reservation, without credit due.
- Supplier reserves the right to change, cancel, or modify the date, length, or any inclusions of the activity booked without notice. You should reconfirm the activity booked at least 72 hours prior to the activity date.
- If a paper or e-voucher is required, please remember to bring it with you along with a form of Government-issued photo identification. Otherwise, you may be denied admission to the activity.
Cruise and Tour Supplier Terms and Conditions
- Cruise only packages do not include ground transfers. Not all air/sea packages include ground transfers.
- Cruise and tour cancellations received at any time are subject to applicable Supplier fees.
- Travelers Advantage is not liable for any flight or other transportation delays that result in a missed cruise or tour departure. If air or transfers are purchased as part of a specific cruise or tour company package, the cruise or tour operator may provide assistance for missed departures.
- Travelers Advantage has no control over air arrangements recommended by cruise or tour Suppliers including flight schedules, airlines selected, or whether your flight will be non-stop. Travelers Advantage can assist you with deviations from the Supplier air/cruise package, but cannot guarantee that the supplier will honor your request. Some Suppliers will not allow air deviations under any circumstances.
- It is your responsibility to make sure that deposits and final payments are made by the Supplier due date. Until payments are confirmed by the Supplier, price, cabin/room, and availability are subject to change and cancellation.
- No shows are non-refundable and will result in a forfeiture of all payments made and points used by you in connection with the reservation, without credit due.
- You may have the option to purchase vacation protection insurance offered through the cruise or tour Supplier. If you decline any such vacation protection insurance, you will assume all risk of recovery of your costs and Travelers Advantage will be unable to assist you. Refunds and coverage are subject to the policies of the individual travel insurance provider.
Travel Insurance Terms and Conditions
- Travel insurance is provided by a third party insurer who has no direct affiliation with Travelers Advantage.
- If travel insurance is purchased, you will receive an email confirmation, including your policy number and specific details of your policy, within 24 hours of your purchase. Please review your policy details immediately upon receipt for important coverage information.
- Travel Insurance will not cover any cancellation fees or standard penalties if your reservation is cancelled because your credit card is declined. Refunds and coverage are subject to the policies of the travel insurance provider.
Supplier Taxes and Fees (Applies for transactions that are not point redemptions only)
- In connection with facilitating your transaction, the charge to your debit or credit card will include a charge for taxes and fees which varies based on a number of factors including, without limitation, the amount paid to the Supplier, the location of the Supplier and your destination. This charge includes an estimated amount for taxes owed by the Supplier including, without limitation, sales and use tax, occupancy tax, room tax, excise tax, value-added tax and/or other similar taxes. In certain locations, the tax amount may also include government imposed service fees or other fees required by law to be collected by the Supplier. The actual amount paid to the Supplier for taxes in connection with your reservation may vary from the amount estimated and included in your charges, but the total amount you pay will not vary from the amount quoted. The balance of the charge for taxes and fees, if any, is retained by Travelers Advantage to cover the costs of your reservation, including, customer service costs.
- Travelers Advantage is not the vendor collecting and remitting taxes to taxing authorities. Suppliers include all applicable taxes in the amount billed to Travelers Advantage and Travelers Advantage pays all such taxes directly to the Suppliers. Travelers Advantage is not a co-vendor associated with any Supplier. Taxability, the tax rate and the type of applicable taxes vary by location.
- For transactions involving Suppliers located within certain jurisdictions, the charge to your debit or credit card for taxes and fees includes a tax that Travelers Advantage is required to collect and remit to the jurisdiction owed on amounts retained as compensation for services.
- If you book accommodations in a location that charges a Goods and Services Tax or similar tax that is refundable to non-residents, Travelers Advantage is unable to facilitate a rebate of such tax.
- Travelers Advantage acts only as an agent for the Supplier in regards to travel, and assumes no liability for injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity which may be caused due to a defect in any vehicle, acts of God, war, riots, or by any company or person involved in conveying the passenger or in carrying out travel arrangements.
- Travelers Advantage reserves the right to accept minor adjustments in the passenger's travel itinerary made by the Supplier. In the event of Supplier trip cancellation prior to departure, a full refund will constitute a full settlement of all liability.
- Travelers Advantage is not responsible for any changes initiated by the passenger with the Supplier.
- Travelers Advantage AND ITS AFFILIATES DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OF, AND DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR INACCURACIES RELATING TO, THE INFORMATION AND DESCRIPTION OF THE HOTEL, AIR, CRUISE, CAR AND OTHER TRAVEL PRODUCTS DISPLAYED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PHOTOGRAPHS, LOGOS/ICONS, LISTS OF HOTEL AMENITIES, AND GENERAL PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS), WHICH INFORMATION IS PROVIDED BY THE RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS. HOTEL RATINGS ARE INTENDED AS GENERAL GUIDELINES, AND Travelers Advantage AND ITS AFFILIATES DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OF THE RATINGS.
- Travelers Advantage, ITS AFFILIATES, AND THE SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES CONTAINED ON THIS SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE, AND THE INCLUSION OF ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ON THIS SITE DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ANY ENDORSEMENT OR RECOMMENDATION OF SUCH PRODUCTS OR SERVICES BY Travelers Advantage OR ITS AFFILIATES. ALL SUCH INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. Travelers Advantage, ITS AFFILIATES, AND THE SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
- THE SUPPLIERS PROVIDING TRAVEL OR OTHER SERVICES ARE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS AND NOT AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES OF Travelers Advantage OR ITS AFFILIATES. Travelers Advantage AND ITS AFFILIATES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THE ACTS, ERRORS, OMISSIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, BREACHES OR NEGLIGENCE OF ANY SUCH SUPPLIERS OR FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING THEREFROM.
- Travelers Advantage AND ITS AFFILIATES HAVE NO LIABILITY AND WILL MAKE NO REFUND IN THE EVENT OF ANY DELAY, CANCELLATION, OVERBOOKING, STRIKE, FORCE MAJEURE OR OTHER CAUSE BEYOND THEIR DIRECT CONTROL, AND THEY SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSE, OMISSIONS, DELAYS, RE-ROUTING OR ACTS OF ANY GOVERNMENT OR OTHER AUTHORITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL Travelers Advantage, ITS AFFILIATES, AND THE SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH, THE USE OF THIS SITE OR ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SITE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF Travelers Advantage, ITS AFFILIATES, AND/OR THE SUPPLIERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
- SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES,SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
These Travel Disclosures and any action or proceeding related thereto, whether in contract or tort, at law or in equity, shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the state of New York, USA as they are applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within such state. Any action in connection with any matters related to these travel disclosures, shall be brought only in the state or federal courts located in the state and city of New York and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of said courts. All disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
Seller of Travel Registration Numbers
Loyalty Travel Agency LLC, who acts only as an agent for the Suppliers, makes the travel arrangements for you on behalf of Travelers Advantage. State Seller of Travel registration numbers for Loyalty Travel Agency LLC in the states that require registration are: California 2097389-50 (registration as a seller of travel does not constitute approval by California. Loyalty Travel Agency LLC is not a participant in the Travel Consumer Restitution Fund); Florida ST38239; Hawaii TAR-6750, Iowa 987; and State of Washington 602 868 200.
Loyalty Travel Agency LLC, 6442 City West Parkway, Eden Prairie, MN 55344-3245, 952-914-6500.
BACK TO TOP